So ..... things have changed!
Last October we were placed on a waiting list to adopt an infant from Guatemala. We were told that adoptions would reopen at the beginning of 2009 between the US and Guatemala; however, last week we received a phone call from our adoption agency letting us know that, to make a long story short, it will most likely be several years before adoptions reopen between the two countries.
Now ..... Aaron and I have been through a lot this year. We've done a lot of soul searching, praying, talking to eachother and to others, and we have decided that we are going to pursue adoption through our county system. We have entertained this option several times over the past few years, but something seems different now. We are both excited and at peace with this decision and feel that this is a door God would have us walk through.
The first step in this process is to attend 36 hours of Pre-Service Training. We will be going to our first class this Monday (Oct. 5) and the remaining courses throughout the next month, ending on Saturday, November 7. After the first class, I'm sure we will have a lot more information to give you. Right now, we're just kind of learning as we go.
Also, we have received news recently that my blood hormone levels are all perfectly in line with where my doctor feels they should be, which has never been the case before. So, though we have not been blessed with one of our own yet, it is not absolutely out of the picture!
We will write more later ~ we plan on posting MUCH more often than we have been!
Thanks for your prayers, and thanks for checking in!!
I'm going to go watch "Police Women of Broward County" with Aaron now. :)
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Lisa and Aaron - I will be praying for you as you journey into parenthood. I know that God will bless you with a beautiful child and you will make awesome parent. I look forward to sharing this journey with you through this blog. God Bless, Ricki Maxwell
more prayers from T&L Roose
God knows...............
I am praying for your two and your addition to the family. You wil be awesome parents! I didn't know about your blog until I read about it on Facebook. This is great thanks!
Post a Comment